Thursday, February 25, 2010

Away

So we took off and left.

We decided our family needed a vacation from everything and a chance to readjust to what are family is like and will be like for a while. Just three for now.

So we decided to take off and go to Disneyland for three days. Planning this trip has been keeping be busy, which was part of it's purpose. I think I could tell you every single Disneyland tip in the book...that's how much I researched.

We got to our hotel late Wednesday night, got up, ate, and hit the parks. Let me say, watching E meet her idol, Cinderella, was the happiest moment I've had in a long time. It was so wonderful to just go and be away from everything that reminded me of the grief of the past few weeks and just have some wonderful happy times with E and B. Not that I forgot. I thought about William the whole trip, but in a happy way. In remembrance. In love.

When we were driving home Saturday night, I didn't dread getting back into real life. I actually found myself looking forward to it, to starting over, to recreating myself with all these new lessons and things I've learned woven in.

I think that leaving was the best thing we possibly could have done. It provided some separation. It was like a little happy bridge between the sad past and the hopeful future. And with what I hope are our saddest moments behind us, and our memories and thoughts of William in our hearts, there is only hope ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment