Friday, March 5, 2010

New

I feel like a completely different person.

I don't know if I can pinpoint exactly what it is, but I'm going to try.

I think I just view life completely differently now. Things seem a little more fragile, a little more real, a little more temporary, but also a little more eternal. I just think of things in different ways. I notice more. I listen more.

But you know, I think I might be happier. Maybe not happier, but more carefree. I find myself not caring about what everyone else thinks. Today in Target, I ran up and down the isles and rode on my shopping cart just because it makes E laugh. And making her laugh is what I live for now. I could care less that other people are staring at me and probably thinking I must be her babysitter because I'm too immature to be her mom. But I love it. And I just talk to her all the time too. We have silly little conversations in the store and and sing at the top of our lungs and just have...fun. I don't feel that need to have adult conversation anymore, aside from with Ben, of course. I'm just, well, content. I think my priorities are finally right.

I realized today that it's been over a month since we lost William. I can't believe it's been that long. He is still so real, everything still feels so fresh. But I think I've grown up in the past few weeks, faster than I ever have before. And while it was the most terrible, heartbreaking, gut-wrenching growing up I've ever experienced, I think it will make me better.

I guess that would mean being William's mom makes me better.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate the way you put this down. I feel the same way. I lost my Ashlynn on Jan 25, 2010 and everything has changed. Thanks for putting it in words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I'm so sorry for your loss. Looks like we're right about the same timing on things. Know I'm thinking about you. Thanks for comments.

    ReplyDelete