Sunday, March 21, 2010

Starting Again

So two Sundays ago was terrible.

Sunday morning I woke up to terribly sharp pains on my right side. I was completely hunched over while I was getting ready for church. I could barely get dressed.

About a week-and-a-half ago I had the same thing, though not as severe. I thought for sure I had appendicitis, that on top of everything else going on, I would have to have an appendectomy, bringing me back to the hospital where everything happened. But I called my doctor and found that no, it wasn't my appendix. I was ovulating.

So I've been dreading the inevitable start of the bleeding. And that Sunday, doubled over in pain, I knew it was starting.

Sure enough, by the time I got to church, I was normal. I was having a normal cycle. My body knew it was no longer pregnant.

Ugh.

So then I walk into the meeting, and the first thing is a baby blessing.

You've got to be kidding me.

I thought ot myself, "I'll be fine. It's been over a month. Surely I can sit through a baby blessing." But no more than two words into it, I felt that sob creeping up into my chest, and I had to get up quickly before I disturbed anyone.

I had a good cry in the bathroom.

Just too many emotional things in one day. I hate having a period. I'm not supposed to have one for a good year at least. And the blood just reminded me of everything.

Sorry to be graphic, but...what else can I say?

1 comment: